Smith&Nephew Allevyn Gentle Border
ALLEVYN Gentle Border Range includes:
- ALLEVYN Gentle Border Square
- ALLEVYN Gentle Border Rectangle
- ALLEVYN Gentle Border Multisite
- ALLEVYN Gentle Border Sacrum
- ALLEVYN Gentle Border Heel
ALLEVYN Gentle Border is a range of versatile foam dressings to suit multiple wound types, providing an optimal moist environment for positive wound outcomes.
The ALLEVYN Gentle Border range has been designed for people with particularly sensitive or fragile skin.3 These dressings have a Gentle silicone gel adhesive1 which minimises trauma to the wound at dressing change.
- ALLEVYN layer-action technology maintains a moist wound environment.
- Conformable dressing
- Minimises trauma and pain during dressing change.
- Easy to apply, use and remove
- Dressings are showerproof and have a bacterial barrier
- Available in a range of shapes and sizes – squares, rectangles and a range of shapes for dressing awkward areas.
ALLEVYN Gentle Border dressings are indicated for use on:
1. Wound management on shallow, granulating wounds, chronic and acute exudative wounds, full and partial thickness wounds including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Skin tears
- Fungating ulcers
2. Pressure ulcer prevention on intact skin, including pressure ulcers caused by medical devices, as part of a pressure ulcer prevention protocol
Precaution: Care should be taken when using the dressing under medical devices near the nose and mouth, where moisture can build up and affect adherence, leading to dressing movement.