Medline Puracol® Plus Ag+ Microscaffold™ Collagen Wound Dressing with Silver
Puracol® Plus Ag+ MicroScaffold™ Collagen is a native collagen wound dressing with antibacterial silver and a unique three-dimensional Microscaffold™ that promotes natural healing. Also available in rope version.
• Can be cut to fit any size of acute or chronic wound with light to heavy exudate
• Converts to soft gel sheet that stays in intimate contact with wound bed
• Antimicrobial silver in pure collagen to last longer in the wound bed
• Helps restore chemical balance and jump start stalled wounds
• Pure bovine-derived collagen in its native triple-helix format
• Three-dimensional structure helps support cellular growth
• Absorbent collagen sheets manage wound moisture
• May be cut to size and layered for the management of deep wounds
Puracol® Plus Ag+ MicroScaffold™ Collagen Wound Dressing is indicated for the management of partial- and full-thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies, diabetic ulcers, first- and second-degree burns, donor sites and other bleeding surface wounds, abrasions, trauma wounds healing by secondary intention, dehisced wounds, surgical wounds and dehisced surgical wounds.
Puracol® Plus Ag+ MicroScaffold™ Collagen cannot be used on patients who are allergic to collagen or silver. Product use should be discontinued should signs of sensitization occur. The product is not indicated for the treatment of third-degree burns.
Puracol® Plus Ag+ MicroScaffold™ Collagen wound dressings are suitable for use under compression therapy with health care professional supervision. Wounds with diagnosed infection may be managed with Puracol® Plus Ag dressings only when the causes of infection are being treated in parallel by medical professionals. The dressing is not intended for the treatment of infected wounds, and cannot be considered to be a substitute for proper management of infections.